My diaper bag has been ordered. It’s a little fancy and I’m okay with that. Sometimes it’s nice to carry something with a label on it. I’m not here to impress anyone (hell, I pull up to the park in a Ford Focus for sobbing out loud) but I know that mommy status symbols are as follows: trendy diaper bag, sleek stroller, name-brand clothing on kids and self. Oh, and an iPhone, of course. I have not bought into the Apple product phenomenon yet but who knows, my cell phone contract is up in October and I might want to try something different (naw, Android for life!).
ANYWAY, I currently carry a chintzy little crossbody made of super-cheap vinyl (faux leather) that I purchased at Ross for $12. It has served me well but it’s not cute. I’m on the hunt for a new crossbody bag- I love the ease of carrying a bag without really carrying it, and I’d like one that will stow into the diaper bag when the time comes. Crossbody bags are small, compact, and super trendy right now. And since my little black bag is all I have I feel like it’s time to upgrade. Or, I can at least window shop and browse online and probably never actually buy anything. I collected my favorites that I’ve found online and figured that I may as well share them with you. I wasn’t compensated in any way for this post which is a bummer because payment in the form of one of the bags below would be GREAT.
Since no one is paying me to share these bags I’m not going to link to a page where you can purchase them. Also, I forgot to save the URLs for the pages.
1. Cole Haan Village Sheila Crossbody – So shiny! I love the bright color.
2. Kate Spade Cobble Hill Minka – The rich, jewel-tone color would transition fabulously into fall.
3. Call It Spring Dular Crossbody, JCPenney (this one is only $10!) – Super casual, kinda preppy.
4. Call It Spring Wessells Crossbody, JCPenney – Color blocking!
5. Fossil Mason Stripe Zip-Top Crossbody - It has a watercolor feeling to it which is super pretty.
6. LAUREN by Ralph Lauren Skinny Leather Crossbody – In all honesty, this is the one I want. Nay, COVET. I can’t explain it but I need this bag.
7. LAUREN by Ralph Lauren Larchmont Canvas Crossbody – Equestrian style for the win!
8. Forever21 Canvas Shoulder Bag – Gotta love canvas and black for summer.
9. Marc Jacobs Petal to the Metal Pouchette – Orange! Birdies! This bag is so cute.