I’m a few days late in getting my new year’s resolution follow-up post up for August but the only person who would notice anyway is my dad (hi dad!) and he’ll forgive me. August was hot. Painfully hot. There also didn’t seem to be enough hours in the day to get shit done and to find time to get adequate sleep. I’m exhausted.
1. Get knocked up. I’ll be 34 weeks tomorrow! The days drag on but the weeks seem to be zipping by. Odd how that’s possible, no?
2. Leave my hair alone. I have discovered that my hair is actually long enough to do a sort-of top knot bun up-do and the dirtier my hair is, the better it looks in this style. I haven’t abandoned showers but this past month I have skipped washing my hair for a few days in a row which is, of course, very good for my hair. In the past few weeks I think I have blow-dried it maybe four times. Seriously! I also switched to showering and washing my hair at night so that it’s dry by morning and super curly if I wear it up when I go to bed. This not only helps me do a fluffy top knot but I have gained an extra half-hour of sleep in the morning. It’s the most win-win scenario ever.
3. Spend less money on myself. I’ve been doing a lot of baby and ‘nesting’ shopping lately. I have purchased at least $100 worth of plastic storage bins in the last couple of weeks.
4. Lose an average of one pound per week. My pregnancy weight gain has been pretty slow. Since I started out overweight (okay, VERY overweight), it is perfectly acceptable to not pack on 30-40 pounds like the professsionals recommend for the average-sized woman. I think I’ve gained like 18 pounds but we still have at least six weeks to go.
5. Learn at least one song in its entirety on my guitar. Bummer. This would have been a fun resolution to achieve.
6. Read at least two books every month. I spent about $70 on books for my Nook this past month (and yes, I read them all). I read almost everyday now, and I must say, it’s a habit I hope to keep up. I missed reading.
7. Work on making master bedroom look like a bedroom and less like a large closet with a bed in the middle of it. HOLLA! There is just a little bit more we need to do to mark this project completed but we are so very close. It looks awesome.
8. Be less of a bitch. The hormones are overpowering any desire I have to be pleasant to others. Sorry, Jacob. I really am trying.