I want to complain a little bit about the lack of sleep I have been getting lately, but the past two nights weren’t terrible in terms of quantity so I’m not as exhausted anymore. I guess I’ll do a little less complaining then. Wouldn’t that be nice for a change?
Actually, consider this a random thought dump for the week. I should do this regularly. But I probably won’t.
Maybe I should break this thing out into a bulleted list. Everyone likes those. Except for the Nazis. But they probably don’t read my blog.
- I miss my sister. She probably doesn’t read my blog either (she’s not a Nazi though) and I restricted her on Facebook so that her random friends can’t see photos of my kiddo. One of her friends sent me a friend request today. Really? Ig. Nored. Regardless, I miss her. I’m having a baby, and she should be involved. She should have participated in throwing me a shower and she wasn’t even invited! That’s how strained things still are between us. She sent me a text the other day- asking how the baby and I are doing- and I replied. Of course I did. What good does it do anyone to ignore a little text message like that? I would have felt bad if I didn’t reply. I just wish that she was on the list of people to call immediately after Filbert is born. When I think of the list, her name doesn’t even cross my mind. She’s on the ‘send a text with photo when baby is born after the hooplah has died down and he’s not brand-spanking-new anymore’ list. So he’ll be at least an hour or so old before she’ll even know he’s arrived. How sad is that? When my niece was born I not only knew right away, but I saw her come out. I helped my sister give birth. I was the one who ran into the waiting room to let everyone know that our little pumpkin was born. But will my sister get to even come close to that with me? No. And I guess it goes without saying that she has no one but herself to blame. What a bummer. This is the longest bullet point EVER.
- I get to order new glasses! I haven’t had new glasses in over three years which is totally my own fault. I always go for the contact lenses which is silly because paying out-of-pocket for contacts is so cheap and I could just use the insurance coverage for glasses and then out-right buy contacts. I’m not too bright sometimes. I have never purchased glasses online but I’m going to try it this time since I don’t to drive everywhere looking for cool frames and eyeglasses salespeople are weird. Since we are kind of a spending freeze it will be nice to get something really nice without having to pay for it (hooray, vision insurance!).
- Tomorrow, we are going to the Plano Balloon Festival with my mom, step-dad, and niece. My niece is spending the weekend with them so Avery and I are going to their house so we can see her too. She’s become such a cool little girl and she and Avery are the best of friends. Also, HOT AIR BALLOONS!
- My feet and fingers are getting a little swollen. My ankles are still small but my feet look a little more puffy than they did last week. Not cool, feet.
- I’m officially an outtie! My belly button has popped. I was wondering if it was ever going to happen since it happened so early last time.
- Next Friday is my last day at my full time job. HALLELUJAH. My two favorite coworkers are going to take me out to lunch. I’m not really sure what they’re going to do once I’m gone. Cry, probably.
- It’s supposed to be autumn but it’s going to be a high of 93′ tomorrow. I still want a hot pumpkin spice latte from you-know-where and I’m dying to wear a sweater and some boots. Texas, get your shit together. It’s fall.
- Instead of getting swept up in the frenzy surrounding the new iPhone, it has only strengthened my love of my precious android phone. And when I’m up for an upgrade next month I will get the newest droid, NOT an iPhone. I wasn’t crazy about the android at first but as I watch you al freak the hell out about your phones and all of the issues you seem to be having, it makes me want to skip that mess altogether. When the android rolls out with a new OS, I don’t have to plug my phone into anything. It automatically syncs with the network and it doesn’t try to erase my stuff. Also, it doesn’t drop calls. It may not look as trendy, but how cool and elite can something possibly be when everyone has one? Exactly.
And that’s that. What a weird, totally random brain dump. Have a good weekend!