I cannot recall much from this month. It was full of this and that, stuff, and things. Only in the past few days has the weather cooled down which has been nice but since I busted my ass yesterday I can’t exactly do much other than sit on the sofa with a heating pad wedged between my legs. I’ll write a post about this later. So, in the grand tradition of following up with my new year’s resolutions, here we go.
1. Get knocked up. 38 weeks today!! I sincerely hope that we’re getting close to the end. I’m super-duper-done with this shit.
2. Leave my hair alone. It’s so long and pretty and healthy these days. Happy Lauren is happy.
3. Spend less money on myself. I’m all about getting ready for this baby to come which means that I’ll need to get some nursing bras and nursing-friendly tops which is what I’ll be doing this week. I also need to find some 100%-waterproof & smudgeproof mascara. If you have any recommendations, leave a comment!
4. Lose an average of one pound per week. I have gained like, 25 pounds during my pregnancy. I feel like my eating habits haven’t been amazing lately but whatever. In a few weeks I will be nursing and burning calories like a calorie-burning fool.
5. Learn at least one song in its entirety on my guitar. Wah-wah.
6. Read at least two books every month. I’m currently reading This Is How You Loser Her by Junot Diaz and I’m not in love with it. First of all, it’s only 130~ pages. I’m tired of paying $13 for short books. Secondly, it jumps around a lot and I’m having a hard time relating to it. I’m about halfway through it but wishing I’d purchased the newest Zadie Smith novel instead.
7. Work on making master bedroom look like a bedroom and less like a large closet with a bed in the middle of it. We are almost there! We need lampshades and I need to make the slipcovers for the glider but then I’d call it done.
8. Be less of a bitch. NO! I’m growing a person and I’m not getting enough sleep so it would behoove you to stay on my good side.